White chocolate dipped strawberry kabobs with blueberries create a fun and festive dessert for the Fourth of July. They are so easy to make and a perfect accent for any table setting. The white chocolate and strawberry flavors meld together to make these decorative dessert kabobs taste like strawberries and cream. This would also be a fun to make with the kids. I typically don’t like white chocolate, but the Godiva Vanilla Bean White chocolate is delicious! These can also be made in advance which is always a plus when entertaining.
- Strawberries and blueberries
- Good quality white chocolate (I used Godiva White Chocolate Vanilla Bean)
- Barbeque skewers
- Styrofoam Block (to hold the strawberries)
Instructions to Make Patriotic Strawberry Kabobs
- Wash and dry strawberries and blueberries.
- Place 3 blueberries and the one strawberry on to the barbeque skewer.
- Chop small pieces of the white chocolate into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until the chocolate fully is melted but don’t over heat. White chocolate melts very quickly.
- Dip the end of a strawberry kabob into the chocolate, turning the skewer so the strawberry is coated on all sides.
- Place the dipped strawberry upright in a glass or in a Styrofoam block as seen here. Repeat with the remaining strawberries.
- Place the glass in the refrigerator for about an hour so the chocolate will harden.
I covered an empty can with red, white and blue scrapbooking paper and accented it with a ribbon to make the a decorative holder for the strawberries.