DIY Farmhouse Decor Cheap and Easy (Pitcher Vase)
You are not going to believe how cheap and easy this DIY Farmhouse Decor white pitcher vase is to make using reused household items. I love to make a decorative tray with seasonal decorations to put on my coffee table. Now that Spring is here, I wanted a pretty, Spring floral arrangement on the tray but I didn’t have a Spring vase that I wanted to use that was the correct height and size. It’s fun to be able to quickly create the perfect white pitcher vase to use without going to the store or scouring the internet to find exactly what you are looking for and not being able to find it. Instead, I decided to create farmhouse DIY projects. It is so easy to make using household items.
I looked around my house to find some things that I could use to make a farmhouse-style French pitcher vase. I wanted something that would be easy to make, only needed a few items and I could duplicate if I wanted to make more than one. The DIY farmhouse decor ideas I came up with used only three items along with acrylic paint and a hot glue gun.
I recently had a Zoom TV segment on WBAL NBC affiliate in Baltimore morning showing how to make these beautiful French pitcher vases out of reused items.
Click here to watch my DIY Easter and Spring segment.
Click here to learn how to make more of my DIY Spring Decorations.
Materials for the DIY Farmhouse Decor (White Pitcher Vase)
- 14 oz Empty Can clean and dry
- Plastic Cup
- White Acrylic Paint
- Gold Acrylic Paint
- White Craft Foam
- Hot Glue Gun
- Artificial Flowers
How to Make DIY Farmhouse Decor (Pitcher Vase)
- Draw the shape of the top of the pitcher on the plastic cup and cut it out with scissors.
- Using a hot glue gun, add glue to the inside rim of the can and slide the plastic cup inside to secure it. Work quickly because the hot glue cools fasts.
- Cut a piece of white craft foam 1/2 inch wide and length of how long you would like the handle.
- Round the ends with scissors.
- Warm the ends with your hands and curve them as shown above.
- Paint the picture white with a foam brush. Apply two coats to evenly cover the can and cup.
- Bend the end of the handle down about an inch and glue the cup with a hot glue gun.
- Curve the bottom of the handle with your hands and glue it to the bottom of the can.
- Paint the rim of the vase and the sides of the handle gold. Paint a gold band on the can.
- Fill the vase with Spring flowers for beautiful DIY farmhouse decor.
DIY Spring Centerpiece Ideas
How to Make a Cherry Blossom Tree
DIY Birch Log Centerpiece