Surprisingly Creative DIY Spring Centerpiece Ideas
I love to make decorative easy DIY Spring Centerpiece Ideas from reused items. Repurposing items to make decorations make them so interesting and different than anything you can buy. They can be changed frequently because they are easy and inexpensive to make using household items and inexpensive things from the craft store. This DIY Spring Centerpiece idea is a lot of fun to make and can be customized to match your decorations or you can have fun with it and create something whimsical to celebrate Spring!
In this design shown, I used artificial tulips. I glued a block of florist foam to the inside bottom of the vase and pressed the flowers into the foam and hot glued them in place to secure them. This vase is made from a reused tissue box, scrapbooking paper, and decorative accent. You can use scraps of ribbon, buttons, and decorative things you have on hand to create this DIY Spring Centerpiece.
Here are some more Easy DIY Spring Centerpiece Ideas I made using reused items.
I made this beautiful DIY Spring Centerpiece from reused Milk Cartons.
This is a crazy easy DIY Easter Centerpiece idea made from reused bottles. It is amazing how something that is usually tossed into the recycle bin can be transformed into something so elegant.
How to Make This DIY Spring Centerpiece
- Take the plastic out of the tissue box.
- Paint the box with acrylic paint with a foam brush. Two or three coats may be needed to completely cover the box.
- Cut out the center top of the tissue box 1/4 inch from the edge. The 1/4 inch edge secures the box and keeps it stable.
- Cut a piece of felt the size of the bottom of the box and glue it with craft glue. This will make the vase more stable and give it a soft base.
- Cut out a vase from the decorative cardstock.
- Decorate with ribbon, buttons, beads or anything of interest you have on hand.
- Glue the vase to the front of the tissue box.
- Hot glue a piece of floral foam to the inside bottom of the tissue box to secure.
- Pressed the flower stems into the floral foam and hot glue them in place to keep them in place.