Paper Bag Tree
Learn how to make a beautiful DIY paper bag tree. This is a fun paper crafts idea that makes a stunning decoration! This a great project to do with kids as a spring decoration. Add green LED lights to make a perfect St. Patrickâ€™s Day decoration.
Materials for the DIY Paper Bag Tree Bag
- Brown Paper Bag
- Paper Towel Roll (cut to size needed for the trunk)
- Plastic branches with green leaves
- Moss sheets
- Small Rocks
- White Glue
- Glue Gun
- BatteryÂ Operated Fairy Lights
- Wood base
Instructions for the DIY Paper Bag Tree Bag
- Place a paper towel roll in a brown paper bagÂ and twist the bag around the paper towel roll. Fill the paper towel roll with rocks to weigh it down.
- Cut the top part of the bag above the paper towel tube into 3 inch wide strips and twist them to form branches.
- Create more branches from strips cut from another paper bag and glue the on the base if you want a fuller tree.
- Use the hot glue gun and attach it to the wooden base to secure the tree.
- Paint the entire tree with with white glue and let dry. This will harden the paper and make the tree more stable.
- Glue plastic branches to the center of the tree where the paper branches meet the trunk to create a full, vibrant tree.
- Glue sheets of moss to the wooden base and add rocks where the moss meets the tree to hide the seams.
- Add lights to illuminate your design.
Amazon Associates Disclosure
www.GinaTepper.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.