DIY St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold Craft
There are so many different interesting DIY St. Patrickâ€™s Day Pot of Gold craft ideas you can create to brighten your festive celebration. I always love to make something unexpected with my designs like this fun DIY St. Patrickâ€™s Day Pot of Gold craft that is a twist on the traditional pot of gold. Instead of gold at the end of the rainbow, the cauldron is filled with, warm, fresh-baked, delicious chocolate chip cookies. This would make a cute and whimsical St. Patrickâ€™s Day centerpiece or table decoration for your party or event. Shamrocks and gold coins are incorporate into this design to make it an unmistakable St. Patrickâ€™s Day decoration.
I love to accent my designs with lights to illuminate the decorations and bring them to life. I have two versions of the St. Patrickâ€™s Day pot of gold craft. One I create the rainbow with fiber optics lights and the other has decorative, faceted rhinestones which reflect the light beautifully and make the rainbow seem magical. I glued gold coins around the edges of the pot to give it the look of a pot of gold the edges even when it is filled with a tasty treat.
This project can easily be made using household items along with a few inexpensive things from the craft store. The pot is a plastic pot that is painted to look like a cauldron and the rainbow is cut from a sheet of cardboard. It is painted with inexpensive acrylic paint and accented with St. Patrickâ€™s Day accessories from the dollar store.
I also a mini version of pots of gold for a fun St. Patrickâ€™s Day pot of gold craft idea you can do with the kids. These cute pots of gold gift baskets are easy to create. Fill with gold candy to make great gifts. These St. Patrickâ€™s Day pots of gold are perfect St. Patrick’s Day craft ideas that are a lot of fun to make. Click here for step-by-step instructions Â for the mini DIY St. Patrick’s Day pot of gold craft.
How to Make St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold Craft
- Download a free clip art Shamrock and print it out.
- Cut out the Shamrock and tape it to the front of the pot with double-sided tape.
- Paint the pot black with acrylic paint.
- Cut out a piece of cardboard in the shape of a rainbow coming out of the sky and a landing into the pot.
- Cut a cloud shape out of cardboard and glue it to the rainbow shape.
- Draw the lines of the rainbow onto the cardboard.
- Paint the rainbow colors onto the cardboard. Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Red.
- Using a hot glue gun, attach the rainbow to the pot as shown above.
- Glue rhinestones onto the rainbow.
- Glue fiberfill to the cloud to make it look white and fluffy.
- Attach white rhinestones to the cloud to make it sparkle.
- Glue gold coins to the outside rim of the pot to make it look like it is filled to the top and spilling over.
- Attach a decorated Shamrock to the front of the pot with a hot glue gun and add a festive St. Patrick’s day accent. The one shown above is from the dollar store.
- The make the rainbow come alive with fiber optic lights and fill the pot with chocolate gold coins or with delicious cookies.