Unbelievably Quick and Easy DIY Graduation Gift Bags Ideas
Learn how to make unbelievably Quick and Easy DIY Graduation Gift Bags perfect for gift cards, checks, money or any other small gifts. With a few inexpensive materials, you can make these beautiful DIY Graduation gift bags. You can customize the colors to match the school theme.
There are two different sized graduation gift bag ideas depending on the type of gift need to be wrapped. There is the larger gift bag with handles filled with tissue paper in school colors for a larger gift and the smaller gift bags which are great for gift cards, money, checks or small gifts.
Click below to watch my YouTube #short on how to make DIY Graduation Gift Bag with handles and tissue paper or scroll down for step-by-step instructions on how to make both the larger and smaller graduation gift bag ideas.
- Black Gift Bag with Handles or Small Black Bag for Smaller Gift Bag
- Stiff Black Felt
- Clothes Pin
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Black Button or Bead
- Gold Embroidery Floss
- 2 Gold Twisty Ties
- Craft Scissors
- Hot Glue Gun
- Tissue Paper
Amazon Associates Disclosure
www.GinaTepper.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
How to Make DIY Graduation Gift Bags
- Cut a 5″ x 5″ square of stiff black felt.
- Feed a gold twist tie through the top loop of the embroidery floss.
- Twist the twist tie to secure and continue to twist to the ends.
- Wrap a twist tie around the top of the embroidery floss abut 1/2 inch from the top to secure the threads and create the tassel.
- Place the scissors into the bottom loop and cut to make the tassel.
- Using a hot glue gun, attach the tassel and button to the center of the felt square.
- Paint the clothespin with Black Acrylic Paint and let dry.
- Attach the clothespin to the back of the graduation cap with hot glue. Put the opening of the clothespin in the direction of the tassel.
- Clip the graduation cap to top of the gift bag.
- Fill with tissue paper to represent the school colors.
- For the smaller gift bags follow the instructions to make the graduation cap with clip.
- Fill the smaller bag with a gift, fold over the top and clip it closed with the graduation cap clip.
DIY Graduation Tassels
Graduation season is here! The graduation tassel is so important for creating graduation party decorations! Adding a tassel to any decoration instantly transforms it into a graduation decoration. Learn how to make graduation tassels that can be made in under a minute for less than $1.
Watch my 60 second #shorts videos for step-by-step instructions on how to make them.