DIY Graduation Cap Decorations (Easy to Make and Free Printable)
If you are still looking for some fun and creative ideas for your graduation party, these DIY Graduation Cap Decorations are a great decoration to add some height to your table. They are perfect DIY Graduation Centerpieces Ideas.
These are very quick and easy to make and you may already have what you need to make this around your house. Add battery-operated tea lights to illuminate your decoration. I have also created a free Congrats Hang Tag 2022 printable for the congratulation class of 2022 hangtags that are accenting the candlesticks. The nice thing about this decoration is you can customize the colors to match the school colors of your recent grad school.
Click here to watch my TV segment on DIY Graduation Decorations for more of my graduation decor ideas.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
I upload new DIY videos every week!
Materials for the DIY Graduation Cap Decorations
- Cardboard or Black Foam Board
- Paper Cups
- Embroidery Floss
- Twist Ties
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Battery Operated Tea Lights (painted black)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Congrats hang tag 2022– Free Printable
- Tall Candle Holders
How to Make the DIY Graduation Cap Decorations
- Cut a piece of cardboard 5-1/2 inches x 5-1/5 inches. Paint a paper cup and the cardboard square black.
- Trace the bottom closed part of the cup onto the back of the square cardboard and hot glue to attach. Make sure the opening of the cup is not the one glued to the cardboard.
- To make the tassels, feed the twist ties through the loops of the embroidery floss and twist to secure.
- Wrap twist ties around the embroidery floss at both ends, about 1/4 inch from the end.
- Cut the embroidery floss in half to create two tassels.
- Twist more ties to the tassel to make the twist tie longer.
- Download the printable Congrats Hang Tag 2022
- Glue ribbon and a twist tie to the back of the hang tag.
- Paint the tea lights back with multi-surface craft paint and let dry.
- Glue the tassel to the graduation cap, place the tea lights on top and attach the hang tags to the candle holders with the twist ties.
- Customize your colors to match the theme and colors of the school.
Here are more DIY Graduation Centerpiece and Graduation Decoration Ideas with Step-by-Step Instructions:
Create this festive DIY graduation centerpiece made from tissue boxes and inexpensive things from the craft store. It is such a unique display for a graduation party or celebration because it is a custom-made decoration the shows the school and year.
Learn how to make a Dr. Seuss, Oh the Places Youâ€™ll Go decoration using things you may already have around your house!Â Â This DIY Oh the Places Youâ€™ll Go decoration would be great for a graduation, retirement, childâ€™s room, classroom or just for fun! Free downloadable Printable!
Learn how to easily make a Bistro Chalkboard perfect for Graduation Parties and any other occasion where you would like beautiful, custom chalkboard lettering. It is very easy to create and I will show you how in my video tutorial. Free downloadable Printable!