HobbyScool Holiday Prep Summit – DIY North Pole Decoration (Free Pattern)
The Holiday Prep Summit – Grab Your Free Ticket Here
DIY Holiday Decorations and make ahead gift bag and gift wrap designs!
Get into the Holiday spirit with these DIY fun and festive decorations made from reusing household items and inexpensive things from the craft and dollar store! Learn how to make beautiful 5-minute gift bags that will help ease the stress of last-minute gift wrapping!
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
I upload new DIY videos every week!
Click here to download the Free DIY North Pole Sign used to create this North Pole Decoration.
Here is a fun DIY North Pole Christmas Decoration that is very easy to create using household items, extra Christmas decorations, and a few inexpensive things from the craft store. I have always wanted to make a North Pole decoration to sit next to my Christmas tree and beautifully wrapped gifts.
How to Make a North Pole Christmas Decoration
- Cut the wrapping paper tube 22 inches long.
- Paint the tube white let dry.
- Wrap the red ribbon around the tube. Glue each section of the ribbon while wrapping to secure it to the tube.
- Press the end of tube into the Styrofoam as shown above.
- Use hot glue to attach the tube to the Styrofoam.
- Glue fiber fill stuffing on to the Styrofoam with craft glue.
- Glue wood dowel cap to the cookie stick, paper straw or dowel.
- Print out a North Pole Sign
- Cut out a piece of stiff red felt or red cardstock that is slightly larger that the sign and glue the North Pole Sign to a red piece of cardstock or stiff red felt as shown above.
- Cut a strip of craft foam to wrap around the pole where the ball meets the tube and paint gold.
- Add 3 Dimensional gold paint to the accents on the North Pole Sign and let dry.
- Paint the Styrofoam ball and the dowel and finial gold and glue them to the pole.
- Glue North Pole sign to the dowel and glue on plastic icicles.
- Glue the craft foam strip around the pole where the ball meets the tube.
- Glue fiber fill to the top of the ball to simulate snow.
- Add dots of glue to the top of the fiber fill on the base and the top of the ball and sprinkle with glitter to complete your snowy North Pole Christmas Decoration.