DIY Thanksgiving Napkin Rings (From Paper Towel Rolls)
DIY Thanksgiving Napkin Rings are a great way to add a festive touch to your table. They can be used at a place setting for a beautiful formal dinner table for Thanksgiving or displayed on a fancy buffet table. These easy DIY Napkin ring ideas are not only simple to make but can be created very quickly with a few inexpensive items.
Rather than buying napkin rings, I created a more stylish and economical version from tubes cut from paper towel rolls, covered with ribbon, leaves and beads. They are an inexpensive and easy way to dress up your holiday table. This would also make a fun family craft project. You can use scraps of ribbon and accents you have on hand.
Follow my instructions to make my version or be creative and come up with your design for DIY Thanksgiving napkin rings with ribbon and decorative accents.
Learn how to make more of my DIY Napkin Ring Ideas.
How to Make DIY Thanksgiving Napkin Rings (From Paper Towel Rolls)
- Cut a 1 inch piece of the paper towel roll.
- Cut a piece of the 1 ½ inch ribbon the length to wrap around the paper towel roll piece plus 1 inch for overlap.
- On the wrong side of the ribbon, fold over ½ inch of the ribbon end and glue for a finished edge.
- Apply craft glue to the back of the ribbon and wrap it around the paper towel tube, overlapping the raw edge of the ribbon with the finished edge.
Optional: For a tailored look, cut a piece of the ribbon the size of the inside of the tube. Apply glue to the inside of the tube and fit the measured piece of ribbon to the inside.
- Wrap the metallic cord around the ring 3 times and glue to secure. Cinch the cord on the front of the ring.
- Glue the leaf to the cinched part of the metallic cord. Attach the beads to the center top of the leaf.
- Slide the ring over a napkin to finish.