DIY 4th of July Napkin Rings
Create 4th of July napkin rings to dress up your patriotic barbecue — they can be used for a place setting or displayed on a buffet table. I love having themed napkin rings but can never seem to find my fancy ones when the holiday rolls around. This is an inexpensive and easy solution. They are super easy and fun to create by cutting tubes from a paper towel roll and covering them with ribbon.
Materials for the 4th of July Napkin Rings
- Paper towel roll
- 1 ½ inch wide red, white and blue ribbon
- ¼ inch wide red, white and blue ribbon
- Star rhinestones or buttons
- Craft glue
Instructions to Make the 4th of July Napkin Rings
- Cut a 1 ½ inch piece of the paper towel roll.
- Cut a piece of the 1 ½ inch ribbon the length to wrap around the paper towel roll piece plus 1 inch for overlap.
- On the wrong side of the ribbon, fold over ½ inch of the ribbon end and glue for a finished edge.
- Apply craft glue to the back of the ribbon and wrap it around the paper towel tube, overlapping the raw edge of the ribbon with the finished edge.
- To make ribbon flowers, cut two 3 ½ inch pieces of blue ribbon and two 3 ½ inch pieces of the red ribbon. Fold the ends to middle, overlapping about 1/8 inch and glue together to form a loop.
- Apply glue to the inside center to create two loops.
- Glue the four of the ribbon loops together, one at a time onto the center of each other to form a flower.
- Cut a 1 ½ inch piece of white ribbon. Fold the ends to middle, overlapping about 1/8 inch and glue together to form a loop.
- Glue the white ribbon loop on to the center of the ribbon flower.
- Glue the ribbon flower to the napkin ring and attach a star on each side of the flower. Slide the ring over a napkin to finish.You can also use them to create napkin bundles for a buffet table. Use the napkin ring to secure paper napkins, and plastic utensils for decorative and useful way to display cutlery.