DIY 4th of July Napkin Rings (Made From Paper Towel Rolls)
Learn how to make festive DIY 4th of July napkin rings to dress up your patriotic barbecue. They are super quick and easy to create by cutting tubes from a paper towel roll and covering them with ribbon.
They can be used for a place setting or displayed on a buffet table. I love having themed napkin rings but can never seem to find my fancy ones when the holiday rolls around. This is an inexpensive and easy solution.
How to Make the DIY 4th of July Napkin Rings
- Cut a 1½ inch piece of the paper towel roll.
- Cut a piece of the 1½ inch ribbon the length to wrap around the paper towel roll piece plus 1 inch for overlap.
- On the wrong side of the ribbon, fold over ½ inch of the ribbon end and glue for a finished edge.
- Apply craft glue to the back of the ribbon and wrap it around the paper towel tube, overlapping the raw edge of the ribbon with the finished edge.
- To make ribbon flowers, cut two 3½ inch pieces of blue ribbon and two 3½ inch pieces of the red ribbon. Fold the ends to middle, overlapping about 1/8 inch and glue together to form a loop.
- Apply glue to the inside center to create two loops.
- Glue the four of the ribbon loops together, one at a time onto the center of each other to form a flower.
- Cut a 1½ inch piece of white ribbon. Fold the ends to middle, overlapping about 1/8 inch and glue together to form a loop.
- Glue the white ribbon loop on to the center of the ribbon flower.
- Glue the ribbon flower to the napkin ring and attach a star on each side of the flower. Slide the ring over a napkin to finish.
You can also use them to create napkin bundles for a buffet table. Use the napkin ring to secure paper napkins, and plastic utensils for decorative and useful way to display cutlery.