DIY Decorated Thanksgiving Food Drive Donation Box Ideas
Here are my decorated Thanksgiving food drive box ideas I created to give to families for the holiday. I enjoyed this project. I love the idea of giving a beautiful, holiday-themed box to hold food donations. I show the step-by-step instructions on how I transformed plain cardboard boxes into these festive, harvest boxes. The techniques I show in the video can be used for winter holiday boxes as well.
These food drive box decoration ideas are very cheap and easy to make using reused items and inexpensive things from the craft or Dollar Tree. When choosing a box to be decorated for a Thanksgiving food drive, try and pick a large, sturdy box that can safely hold canned foods and non-perishable items.
The boxes I used to create these creative donation box ideas were donated from an elementary school cafeteria. They were empty delivery boxes that held the food that was delivered to the school for lunches. These boxes are very strong and were perfect for holding canned food donations.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
I upload new DIY videos every week!
How to Make Decorated Thanksgiving Food Drive Box Ideas
- Paint a brown box with Metallic Copper acrylic paint.
- Accent the box by brushing the box with Gold Acrylic Paint. The gold paint gives the box more color variation and dimension.
- Using a natural sponge, dip the sponge into the Brown Acrylic Paint and sponge brown paint around the corners and edges of the box.
- Wrap the festive ribbon around the box and glue it to secure it in place.
- Arrange fall accents onto the front of the box and attach them with a Hot Glue Gun.
These beautiful food drive donation boxes are ready to be filled with Thanksgiving food gifts and non-perishable items to be given to families. Not only do they make a stunning presentation, they can also be used as a decorative boxes to add to the seasonal decor.