DIY Mardi Gras Mask (Easier to Make Than it Looks)
Learn how to make this beautiful DIY Mardi Gras mask using inexpensive items from the craft store. This elaborate Mardi Gras mask is easier to make than it looks using an inexpensive mask, craft foam, gold acrylic paint and dimensional paint.
I have a fascination with Italian ‘Carnevale’ Mardi Gras Masks. These beautiful and intricately decorated masks are elegantly detailed. They can be adorned with jewels, fabric, fur, ribbons, feathers, and exquisitely painted. I love the precision and designs of these masks. DIY Mardi Gras Mask would be great for a costume, decoration or wall art.
Click here to watch the video on how to make the elaborate DIY Mardi Gras Mask and DIY Mardi Gras Decorations and Crafts.
Carnival masks are a lot of fun to make and any skill level can create them. Not only are they fun for a Mardi Gras celebration, but they can be used as wall art, or for a Halloween costume or cosplay. Once you learn how to make masks, the possibilities are endless.
Here are more DIY Mardi Gras Mask designs created from inexpensive items.
Here are some more DIY mask designs.
- Plain White Plastic Mask
- White Craft Foam
- Gold Acrylic Paint
- Gold Dimensional Paint
- Gold Trim
- Gold Metal Accents
- Craft Glue
- Hot Glue Gun
Amazon Associates Disclosure
www.GinaTepper.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Instructions for the DIY Mardi Gras Mask
- Draw a half mask and lips on the plastic mask and paint gold.
- Use gold dimensional paint to draw scrollwork on the mask.
- Cut triangle shapes of craft foam and heat them with a warm iron. Click here for instructions on how to easily mold craft foam.
- Using a hot glue gun, attach the molded craft foam pieces to the mask.
- Paint the craft foam.
- Glue the gold trim and accents to the mask.
- Add scrollwork to the craft foam.