Mardi Gras Comedy and Tragedy Masks DIY from Tissue Boxes
Mardi Gras decorations are one of my favorite party themes to create. I love the vibrant colors and festive designs. I created Mardi Gras Comedy and Tragedy Masks DIY from reused tissue boxes and inexpensive things from the craft store. This festive Mardi Gras party decoration would make a great centerpiece. Right click the image to save the Free Tissue Box Comedy and Tragedy Mask Pattern.
Materials for the Comedy and Tragedy Masks DIY
- Empty Cube Tissue Boxes – Plastic Removed
- Comedy and Tragedy Pattern Above
- Purple, Green and Black Acrylic Paint
- Gold, Green and Purple Glitter Craft Foam Sheets
- Four Bells
- Craft Glue
- Hot Glue Gun
- Flameless Candles (Optional)
Instructions for the Comedy and Tragedy Masks DIY
- Remove the plastic from the tissue box opening.
- Print the Comedy and Tragedy Masks pattern.
- Cut it in half and glue it to the front of each tissue box. The opening of the tissue box should be on the top.
- On one box, paint one half of the mask box green and the other half purple.
- Reverse the colors on the other box as shown above.
- Paint the eyes, mouth, nose and eyebrows black.
- Cut out four small triangles out of the gold glitter craft foam for the comedy mask and a tear drop for the tragedy mask.
- Attach to the masks with craft glue.
- Draw the Jester hat on purple and green craft foam and cut out
- Glue bells to the end with a hot glue gun.
- Glue the Jester hat to the top front of the tissue box.
- Place a flameless candle inside the opening to complete your fun and festive Mardi Gras Comedy and Tragedy Mask decoration.