Cheap and Easy DIY Halloween Candles (Paper Towel Roll Candles)
I love to create Halloween decorations like these cheap and easy DIY Halloween candles made from paper towel and toilet paper rolls. I like to transform items that are usually thrown away into something unexpected. These Halloween candle crafts are a great example of how you can create amazing Halloween decorations without spending a lot of money by repurposing things you already have around your house.
These DIY Halloween Candles are easy to create not just to make cool Halloween candles but for any occasion. You can make different styles and colors depending on the occasion you are celebrating. The wax from the hot glue gun can be dripped onto a candle holder using the same technique used for the DIY Halloween candles to make a wax dripped bottle as I did here.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
I upload new DIY videos every week!
How to Make DIY Halloween Candles
- Cut three paper towel rolls the size you would like for each candle.
- Trace the shape of an opening of the paper towel roll on a piece of cardboard.
- Cut out the circle and tape a stone to it. This will give the candle some weight so it doesn’t fall over.
- Tape the tape-covered stone to the end of the paper towel roll.
- Tear the top of the tube to make it the shape of a melted candle.
- Fill the paper tube with tissue and place the candle inside.
- Drip hot glue on each of the paper towel tubes to simulate melted wax
- Paint the candle white and let dry.
- Using a small brush, paint the hot glue drips red.
- Lightly brush the candle with a small amount of light brown paint to give it an aged look.