Create these fun and yummy mummy treats for Halloween! They are easy to make and will also make a great conversation piece especially if you put in this custom made mummy container.
Ingredients for the Yummy Mummies
- Large Marshmallows
- Candy Eyes
- White Candy Melts
- Candy Decorating Bag
- Lollipop Sticks
Instructions for the Yummy Mummies
- Melt the candy melts according to the instructions.
- Place the end of a Lollipop stick into the melted candy melts and insert it into the marshmallow to secure it in place.
- Scoop the cooled melted candy melts into the candy decorating bag and snip the edge with kitchen sheers.
- Drizzle the candle melt onto the marshmallow to make it look like a mummy.
- Add some candy melt to the back of the eyes and press onto the mummy.
- Display them in a mummy jar made.
Materials for the Mummy Jar
- Clean, Dry Jar
- Strips of Gauze or Cheese Cloth
- Tissue Paper
- Red Rhinestones or Beads
- Black Paint
- Brown Paint (optional)
- Craft Glue
Instructions for the Mummy Jar
- Construct an nose out of tissue paper and glue on to the jar.
- Paint black eyes and a mouth on the jar and let dry.
- Wrap the gauze strips around the jar and secure with craft glue.
- Glue the red rhinestones on the eyes to create the creepy, beady gaze.
- (Optional) Dilute a few drops of brown paint with water and lightly brush on the gauze to give the mummy an aged look.
- Fill with Yummy Mummy treats.