Cheap and Easy DIY Halloween Black Cat Decoration – FREE PATTERN
When people think of Halloween, black cats always come to mind. Their beautiful and mysterious silhouette makes a great DIY Halloween Black Cat Decoration. These are cheap and easy to make with reused glass bottles and inexpensive things from the craft store.
I had the idea to make a black cat decoration for Halloween. I decided I wanted to reuse bottles for the body and add a Styrofoam ball as the head. As I was designing the cat, I realized it needed legs to make it look more complete. I cut legs out of stiff felt and attached them with hot glue. When they were finished they reminded me of a cartoon cat.
I showed DIY Black Cat Decor on my Halloween TV segment on WBAL 11 Baltimore Fox News affiliate.
On my Halloween TV segment I also showed how to make my eyeball flowers made from water bottles.
Click Below to Download Free Patterns to Make the DIY Black Cat Decoration. They are PDFs to be printed and cut out.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
I upload new DIY videos every week!
How to Make the DIY Halloween Black Cat Decoration
- Soak bottles in warm soapy water to remove the labels.
- Dry thoroughly.
- Paint the bottles with black spray paint.
- Press a skewer into the Styrofoam ball and paint with black acrylic paint. The skewer makes it easier to paint the ball. Put the skewer with the ball attached into the bottle to allow the ball to dry without messing up the paint.
- Cut out the eyes from craft foam and use a permanent black marker to draw on the pupil.
- Remove the skewer and glue the eyes on the painted Styrofoam ball and hot glue the ball to the top opening of the bottle.
- Cut out the ears, legs and tail from stiff felt.
- Glue the ears on the head with hot glue.
- Glue on the legs and the tail with hot glue.