Cheap and Easy DIY Halloween Black Cat Decoration – FREE PATTERN
When people think of Halloween, black cats always come to mind. Their beautiful and mysterious silhouette makes a great DIY Halloween Black Cat Decoration. These are cheap and easy to make with reused glass bottles and inexpensive things from the craft store. I showed them on my Halloween TV segment on WBAL 11 Baltimore Fox News affiliate.
Click Below to Download Free Patterns to Make the DIY Black Cat Decoration. They are PDFs to be printed and cut out.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
I upload new DIY videos every week!
Materials Used to Make DIY Halloween Black Cat Decoration
- Empty glass bottles
- 3.8″ Smooth Styrofoam Ball
- Stiff Black Felt
- Thin White Craft Foam
- Green and Blue Glitter Craft Foam
- Wood Skewer
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Black Spray Paint
- Permanent Black Marker
- Hot Glue
Instructions to Make DIY Halloween Black Cat Decoration
- Soak bottles in warm soapy water to remove the labels.
- Dry thoroughly.
- Paint the bottles with black spray paint.
- Press a skewer into the Styrofoam ball and paint with black acrylic paint. The skewer makes it easier to paint the ball. Put the skewer with the ball attached into the bottle to allow the ball to dry without messing up the paint.
- Cut out the eyes from craft foam and use a permanent black marker to draw on the pupil.
- Remove the skewer and glue the eyes on the painted Styrofoam ball and hot glue the ball to the top opening of the bottle.
- Cut out the ears, legs and tail from stiff felt.
- Glue the ears on the head with hot glue.
- Glue on the legs and the tail with hot glue.