Picture Frame Chalkboard
A framed chalkboard is a great way to remind yourself of things you need to do or you can write yourself fun inspirational notes each day. Rather than fumbling around looking for a pen and something to write on, you have an instant notepad without wasting paper.
You can match it to your décor and put it anywhere in your house. I like to have my chalkboard in the kitchen or near my front door. I write notes to remind myself of important things I need so I don’t forget them on the way out. This would also be great for kids in school to help them to remember important events, homework or tests.
This is a perfect way to repurpose a picture frame where the glass has broken or you can use an inexpensive frame to create this stylish chalkboard.
- Picture frame
- Foam board or sturdy smooth surface cardboard
- Chalkboard spray paint (available at craft stores)
- Cut a piece of foam board the size to fit the inside of the frame.
- Spray and even coat of the chalkboard paint onto the foam board and let dry. Repeat with the second coat and let dry.
- Fit the piece of foam board into the frame as you would a picture. Make sure it fits in tight so the chalkboard does not move when you are writing on it. It’s that easy. Enjoy!