DIY Fall Gift Wrap – Happy First Day of Autumn
Such a beautiful day today to help celebrate the first day of autumn which is my personal favorite season. I love the crispness of the air and everything smells so clean and fresh. The beautiful rich brown, amber, gold and red tones of autumn inspire me. This is probably why it is my favorite time to decorate and create for the upcoming holidays.
Now that calendar has officially changed into the celebration and gift giving season, I thought if would be fun to start thinking about fall gift wrap ideas. This autumn leaves gift wrap can be given as a gift or used a beautiful autumn decoration.
Difficulty â€“ Easy
- Brown kraft paper or brown paper bag
- Earth toned patterned scrapbooking paper
- Burgundy scrapbooking paper
- Raffia in natural and burgundy colors
- Three fabric autumn leaves
- Decorative autumn berries
- Craft glue
1. Wrap a box in kraft paper
2. Cut a piece of the burgundy scrapbooking paper 1 inch smaller than the entire top of the box and cut the patterned paper 2 inches smaller than the top of the box.
3. Attach to the top of the box, centering each piece. Apply the larger piece first to create the layered look.
4. Cut strips of the natural colored raffia the length of each side of the patterned scrapbooking paper and attach to the edges with craft glue.
5. Glue leaves to the center of the top of the box craft glue. Attach the leaves so they are curved and lift off the box rather than lying flat. Attach berry stems to the base of the leaves around the stems to fill in the gaps and let dry.
Now you have the perfect autumn gift or fall decorative accent!