Create an Oh, The Places You’ll Go Decoration (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
Learn how to make a Dr. Seuss, Oh the Places You’ll Go decoration using things you may already have around your house! I love Dr. Seuss and his books. This book, Oh, the Places You’ll Go was the last book he had published and it is a great inspirational story for anyone embarking on a new life journey. This DIY Oh the Places You’ll Go decoration would be great for a graduation, retirement, child’s room, classroom or just for fun! You can even use it for party decorations for a child’s first birthday.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
I upload new DIY videos every week!
Click here to watch my video on how to make an Oh the Places You’ll Go Decoration!
Click here to download the Oh, the Places You’ll Go Printout – Oh The Places You’ll Go Text
How to Make Oh the Places You’ll Go Decoration
- Cut a large circle of foam board 2″ larger than the paper plate.
- Trim the edge of the paper plate so it lies flat.
- Stack the foam board circle, the paper plate, paper bowl, paper cup and paper tube.
- Attach them with a hot glue gun.
- Glue strips of tissue paper around the edge where the top of the cup and the tube connected to smooth out the ridge.
- Paint the cup white so the entire structure is white.
- Draw rings around the plate and tube to show where the bands of color are going to paint.
- Mark each ring with the color that is going to be used to make it easier to paint.
- The color order from the bottom is Blue, Orange, Purple, Yellow, Pink and green. Then repeat them to the top of the tube.
- Draw an Oh the Places You’ll Go Balloon on cardstock and glue it to a thin piece of cardboard.
- Cut the balloon shape.
- Glue the back of the balloon to a skewer.
- Paint the bands of color on the balloon and draw the accents with a black marker.
- Find a clip art of the little person and print it out.
- Glue the person onto cardboard and cut out leaving a long piece at the bottle that will be put into the tube.
- Put tissue into the tube and insert the cardboard with the little person so it is sticking out like he is standing on the top.
- Print Oh The Places You’ll Go Text on to cardstock.
- Draw an outline around the text as shown above.
- Glue onto thin cardboard and cut out the drawn shape.
- Glue Oh the Places You’ll Go Text to the decoration and glue the skewer into the tube.
Now you have an Oh the Places You’ll Go decoration perfect for graduation for any age, retirement or a birthday party!