Easy DIY Beach Memory Jar (Mason Jar Crafts)
Cherished times can be saved in an easy DIY Beach Memory Jar created by your children. This vacation memory jar can easily be created using a mason jar, sand, a photo and shells found on beach. The mason jar lid is decorated with twine and seashells. This will add an extra layer of excitement to their journey if they know they will be collected souvenirs from their vacation for a mason jar craft to showcase in their miniature time capsules.
Here is a fun version of a memory jar that you can make with the kids to help them remember all of the fun they had at the beach.
DIY Beach Memory Jar
Here are video tutorials I created showing how to make the vacation memory jar.
In this video I explain all of the materials used to make this DIY Beach Vacation Memory Jar and show how to create this fun Mason Jar Craft Idea.
Here is a 60 second Shorts detailed video that quickly shows how to make the Beach Memory Jar.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
I upload new DIY videos every week!
How to make a Vacation Memory Jar
- Have your children scour the sand for shell, sea glass or drift wood from the ocean washed ashore to create your vacation memory jar.
- Print out a picture from your visit like running in the ocean, building sand castles, being buried in the sand, etc., the size to fit through the jar lid.
- I attached my picture to a short wooden stick with craft glue.
- I cut a piece of cardstock in the shape of waves and covered it with blue water-like paper.
- Add dry sand to the bottom of the jar.
- Fit your picture, waves, starfish, shells and sea glass into the sand so it looks like your picture it is part of your little beach scene.
- Decorate the lid with natural colored raffia and shells.
- Print out the location and date of your visit and attach it to your precious time capsule.