The last few days here in the DC area have not felt like spring is just around the corner. It has been freezing cold and very windy. I thought I would share this whimsical flower gift wrap that was inspired by the much anticipated season to remind us that in a few weeks, it will be here. To create this look, I layered paper flowers cut from scrapbooking paper, a fabric daisy and a butterfly to capture the feeling of spring. I love combining different types of materials to my designs for texture to add dimension and to create the unexpected.
- Green wrapping paper
- Spring patterned scrapbooking or wrapping paper
- Pink scrapbooking paperÂ or wrapping paper
- 1 pink fabric daisy
- 1 inch-wide pink grosgrain ribbon (same color as the flower and scrapbooking paper)
- 1 decorative butterfly
- Craft glue
- Double-sided tape
- Wrap the gift in green wrapping paper
- Cut two pieces of ribbon the length to wrap around the gift plus 1 inch. Wrap the ribbons around the gift as shown, overlapping the ends on the back. Secure the ends with craft glue.
- On the patterned paper, draw a flower slightly larger than the fabric flower and on the pink paper, draw a flower slightly larger than patterned flower.
- Glue the flowers together with craft glue, placing the patterned flower centered on top of the larger pink flower.
- Glue the paper flowers to the center of the gift wrap. Attach the fabric daisy to center of the paper flower with craft glue. Glue the butterfly to the fabric flower and let dry.