DIY Fall Gift Wrap Amber Sunset
I love to create fall gift wrap designs and with Thanksgiving being just three weeks away, it’s time to start thinking about hostess gifts, housewarming presents for the new homeowners hosting this year or maybe a Thanksgiving birthday. The amber and gold tones, accented with floral ribbon and a coordinating sunflower make this design feel like a fall sunset. Anyone would love to receive this beautiful gift.
Materials for this Fall Gift Wrap Design
- Light brown kraft or wrapping paper
- Amber and gold patterned scrapbooking paper
- 2-1/2 inch amber wired ribbon
- Wired Mesh Floral Ribbon
- Â 1 yellow/amber flower
- Hot Glue Gun
Instructions for this Fall Gift Wrap Design
- Wrap a box in light brown paper
- Cut a piece of the scrapbooking paper 1 inch smaller than the width of the box and the length to wrap around the entire box plus 1 inch.
- If the scrapbooking paper is not long enough to wrap around the entire box, tape two pieces together on the wrong side of the paper, matching the pattern, to achieve the desired length.
- Cut a piece of the floral ribbon long enough to wrap around the entire box plus 4 inches.
- Wrap the floral ribbon around the box and tie in a knot at the top of the box. Trim the ends of the ribbon close to the knot.
- Cut a piece of the amber satin ribbon long enough to wrap around the box twice.
- Wrap the ribbon around the box, feeding each side of the tails under the floral ribbon and tie a knot around he floral ribbon knot.
- Trim the ends to matching lengths, cutting them into a V and bending them to form a nice shape.
- Apply hot glue to the bottom of one of the flowers and attach to the box at a slight angle near the knot, on the side without the tails. Repeat on the other side of the box with the remaining flower.
- Use this technique for all different size and shaped boxes and even to decorate a wine bottle as a gift.