Chocolate Covered Strawberry Footballs
A fun thing to do for your Super Bowl party is to make edible decorations. One idea I came up with this year is to make chocolate covered strawberries made to look like mini footballs. They not only look festive but they are delicious! These little guys will be a welcome addition to your Super Bowl party and a great conversation piece. They are easy to make and can be prepared well before the pregame festivities. Donâ€™t expect any turnovers or fumbles with these yummy strawberry footballsâ€¦only touchdowns!
Here is my video on how to make football themed party treats.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
I upload new DIY videos every week!
- Strawberries (I like to find ones that have a point on top so they resemble footballs)
- Bamboo Skewers
- Semi Sweet Chocolate (For these I used good quality chocolate chips)
- White Chocolate or Icing for the laces
- Styrofoam Block (to hold the strawberries)
- Green Acrylic Paint (to paint the Styrofoam so it resembles a field)
- Green Craft Foam Sheet
- White Marker
- Craft Glue
- Wash and dry the strawberries and put the strawberries into the skewers.
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave in a glass bowl, 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until the chocolate fully is melted but donâ€™t overheat.
- Dip the end of a strawberry into the chocolate,Â turning the skewer so the strawberry is coated on all sides.
- Place the dipped strawberry in theÂ StyrofoamÂ block and refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden. Repeat with the remaining strawberries.
- Once the chocolate has hardened draw on the laces. If using white chocolate, melt it in the microwave in a glass bowl, 30 seconds at a time and spoon it into a icing bag fitted with a thin tip (I used a #3 decorator tip). If using icing, also use an icing bag fitted with a small tip.
- Place the decorated strawberry skewersÂ into aÂ Styrofoam block and put them back into the refrigerator to harden. These can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To make the football field stand, paint the top of the Styrofoam block green with a foam brush and let dry.
- Cut strips of the green foam sheet the size to fit all sides of theÂ Styrofoam.
- Using a white marker and a ruler, draw the lines for the field on both of the long strips of the foam as shown above and write the yards freehand.
- Attach the foam strips to the Styrofoam with craft glue.
- Place your strawberry footballs in the decoratedÂ StyrofoamÂ when they are ready to be served. Enjoy!