Here is another design I created using the soft color palette. I just love the muted tones. This beautifully decorated paper Mache box would make a great addition to any gift. This box not only serves as stylish gift wrap but also doubles as elegant reusable container. This design would work with any shape box. I created this design for Scotch Brand.
Difficulty â€“ Medium
- Paper Mache Box
- Floral patterned scrapbooking paper
- Sage scrapbooking paper
- 1 sage fabric flower
- 5/8 Â inch-wide pink grosgrain ribbon
- 3/8 inch-wide wine grosgrain ribbon
- 1/8 inch-wide pink satin ribbon
- Metal flower accent with pearl (jewelry finding or button)
- ScotchÂ® Precision Scissors (for cutting scrapbooking paper and ribbon)
- ScotchÂ® Craft Glue Stick (for attaching scrapbooking paper)
- ScotchÂ® Â Quick-Dry Adhesive (for gluing ribbon and accents)
- Cut a piece of the floral scrapbooking paper with ScotchÂ® Precision Scissors the size of the top of the box plus 1/3 inch for overlap. Cut slits in the overlap edge â€“ this will help the paper form to the side of the box lid. Attach the paper to the top and sides of the box lid with ScotchÂ® Craft Glue Stick.
- Cut a piece of the sage paper the height of the box and the length to wrap around the box. Cut a piece of the floral paper the height of the box and about 3 inches wide to create an accent for the front of the box. Attach with ScotchÂ® Â Quick-Dry Adhesive.
- Glue a piece of the pink and wine colored ribbon around the side of the lid and bottom edge of the box. Attach two pieces of 1/8 wide ribbon to the front of the box and interlock and form an X. Finish the edges of the front accent paper with ribbon on each side of the X.
- Make a bow with the wine colored ribbon and attach to the top of the box. Wrap 6 loops of the 1/8 wide ribbon together, tie in the center and glue to the top of the box lid. Cut the loops of the 1/8 inch wide ribbon loops to form a fringe.
Â Glue the flower to the center top of the lid and attach the metal accent and peal to the center of the flower with ScotchÂ® Quick-Dry Adhesive. Let dry.