When I think of Valentineâ€™s Day, images of flowers, red satin bows, and elegant gift wrapping come to mind so I thought I would incorporate these elements into a decorated wine bottle. It is easy to transform a simple bottle of wine into an artful display that looks beautiful while the wine is being served. This is a perfect accent for a romantic Valentineâ€™s evening.
- Red toned patterned scrapbooking paper
- Red textured fabric
- Three red fabric roses
- Red satin cord
- Â¼ inch wide red satin ribbon
- 2 heart rhinestones
- Craft glue
The measurements for this design are for a standard sized wine bottle. The lengths will have to be adjusted for different sized bottles. The finished design can be slipped off and saved for future use.
- Cut a piece of the scrapbooking paper 6 inches wide and the length to wrap around the entire wine bottle plus 1 inch.
- Apply double-stick tape to the inside of the scrapbooking paper in even intervals on one of the short edges. Wrap the craft paper around the wine bottle and overlap the ends on the back of the wine bottle. You can also glue the ends together with craft glue.
NOTE: Wrap the paper tightly around the bottle so it doesnâ€™t slip as you are pouring the wine.
- Cut a piece of the red fabric 5 inches wide and the length to wrap around the entire wine bottle plus 1 inch.
- Pull several strings off of the top and bottom long ends of the fabric to fray the edges.
- Apply craft glue to the wrong side of the fabric and attach it to the scrapbooking paper, centered between the top and bottom edges, overlapping the ends on the back of the wine bottle.
- Cut three pieces of red satin cord the length to wrap around the wine bottle.
- Glue the cord around the wine bottle.
- Glue the three roses to the front of the wine bottle as shown.
- Tie a shoelace bow with the red satin ribbon and glue a heart rhinestone at the center of the bow. Attach the bow to the center front of the wine bottle over the flowers.
- Wrap a piece of ribbon around the neck of the bottle and glue a heart rhinestone at the center where it crosses.