This gift design is easy and very inexpensive to create. The top lid of a jewelry box is decorated with scrapbooking paper and yarn to create a reusable box. Adding a yarn bow to a gift will amaze people and leave them wondering how it was made. The secret is packing tape! Just add strands of yarn to the sticky side of packing tape to create a yarn ribbon.
- Cardboard jewelry box
- Scrapbooking paper
- Packing Tape
- Decorative beads
- Craft Glue
- Cut a piece of scrapbooking paper the size to cover the top of the box and attach with glue.
- Cut a strip of packing tape the combined length to make a bow and to cover the top and sides of the lid.
- Apply strands of yarn lengthwise on the adhesive side of the packing tape to make a ribbon.
- Cut the yarn ribbon the length to cover the top and sides of the lid and attach to the top of the lid with glue.
- With the remaining ribbon, cut a piece the length to make the bow and the center loop.
- Glue the ends of the ribbon together to form a loop. Apply glue to the inside center to create two loops. Wrap the remaining piece of ribbon around the center of the bow and glue the ends on the back of the bow.
- Attach the bow to the center top of the gift with craft glue and attach the beads to the top of the bow and gift as shown.