DIY Patriotic Mason Jar Lanterns (Mason Jar Crafts)
You can create these festive patriotic mason jar lanterns to illuminate your Memorial Day or 4th of July cookout. I love the look of glowing accents at BBQs. It adds a fun party atmosphere to any gathering. You can also use these jars as flower vases to accent your table. These are super fun to make and is also a great crafts that kids of all ages can enjoy. You can use mason jars or raid your recycle bin to reuse glass jars to recreate this design. I typically like to use different size and heights of jars to make the display more interesting. You will need to make these a few days before your event to allow time for the paint to dry.
Click here to watch my 4th of July TV segment where I show how to make these mason jar lanterns.
Materials Needed for the Patriotic Mason Jar Lanterns
- Mason Jars or Reused Jars
- Red, White and Blue Acrylic Paint
- Battery Operated Lights
Instructions for the Patriotic Mason Jar Lanterns
- Wash and dry the mason jars.
- Pour a small amount of paint into the mason jar and let it drip down the sides.
- Swirl the paint around the jar. Add more paint if needed.
- Add each color individually so they do not mix and change the red, white and blue theme.
- Place the jar upside down to drain the excess paint.
- Let dry upright and fill with battery operated lights.