DIY No-Sew Face Mask in 5 Minutes
Here is how I make a DIY No Sew Face Mask in 5 minutes. I made a video if you would like to watch me make them or follow my step-by-step instructions below.
I was on WBAL this morning via Skype with Jennifer Franciotti showing how to make them. I always have a great time on air with her! Here is my TV segment on WBAL.
- 18 x 8 inches Cotton Fabric or T-Shirt (try to find a fabric that is tightly woven with no visible spaces between the threads)
- Four Rubber Bands or Hair Elastics
How to Make a No Sew Mask:
- Wash and dry fabric. Cut a 18″x 8″piece of fabric and iron the sides in about an 1-1/2″.
- Fold two pleats in the fabric.
- Twist each side of the fabric with a rubber band. and add a lose rubber band on each side. This will go around the ears to secure the mask.
- Trim a small amount of excess fabric to prevent the mask from being too bulky.
- Tuck the ends inside. Tuck them under the ironed side flaps to secure.
- You can remove the rubber bands, wash the fabric and remake the mask. Watch my video to watch me make it.