It seems that strawberries and chocolate have become the official treat for Valentine’s Day. I have decided to take it a step further and make chocolate drizzled heart strawberries to add that extra charm to a romantic evening.
- Strawberries preferably with pointed ends
- Good quality chocolate (I used Godiva dark chocolate)
- Mint leaves for accent
- Wash and dry strawberries. Cut off the green stem and cut the strawberry in half lengthwise.
- Cut a small V shape on the cut end of the strawberry.
- Make small cuts around the pointed sides of the V shape to curve the top to finish the heart shape.
- Arrange the hearts on a plate.
- Chop small pieces of chocolate into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until the chocolate fully is melted but don’t over heat.
- Spoon the chocolate into a plastic bag (zipper bag or sandwich bag will work) and cut or pierce of small hole in the corner of the bag.
- Squeeze the chocolate and drizzle over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate to set and garnish with a mint leaf.