Easy to Make DIY Fabric Bulletin Board
Now that school starting for the fall semester, I thought it would be fun to share some of my easy, DIY back-to-school ideas that are great for not only a student desk but also a home office space. This DIY fabric bulletin board is not only easy to create but it will help organize and brighten your desk.
Materials Needed to Make the Fabric Bulletin Board:
- Foam Board or Cardboard
- Fabric (woven)
- Batting or Thick Fabric for Filling
- Hot Glue Gun
- Decorative Rhinestones, Beads or Buttons
Instructions to Make the Fabric Bulletin Board:
- Cut a piece of batting the same size of the foam board or cardboard.
- Glue the batting to the foam board with a hot glue gun or craft glue.
- Cut a piece of fabric about 2 inches larger than the foam board on all sides.
- Place the batting side down onto the inside of the fabric as shown above.
- Fold over one side and hot glue to secure it in place. Continue on all sides. Smooth out fabric as you glue so it is fitted tight.
- Turn the board over and lay out ribbon pieces on top of the board. Depending on the size of your board, cut six pieces with a one inch extra on each side so they can be secured on the bottom of the board. Three pieces of ribbon for each directions.
- Measure the space in between each ribbon so they will be even and pin or tape to hold in place.
- Repeat in the opposite direction for a total of six ribbons.
- Using a hot glue gun, glue the ends on the back of the board.
- Glue decorative accents where the ribbons overlap to complete your decorative bulletin board. A small amount of glue can be added under each overlapped ribbon to hold it is place.