Easy DIY Water Bottle Flowers (Amazing Recycled Craft)
Create fun and whimsical DIY water bottle flowers made from drink bottles, yogurt containers, and all other types of plastic bottles. I like to create fun crafts to do with the kids that don’t cost a lot of money. I love to include repurposed items in my designs so I started teaching my children how to reuse household items in our projects. We made these whimsical plastic flowers out of bottles and plastic containers. These are so much fun and easy to make. You can create different-sized flowers and paint them in multiple colors. They can be turned into a flower arrangement that would brighten any room. This beautiful DIY water bottle flower arrangement would also make a great gift for Mother’s Day or Teacher Appreciation!
Here my video tutorials showing step-by-step instruction on How to Make DIY Water Bottle Flowers.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
I upload new DIY videos every week!
How to Make Water Bottle Flowers and Plastic Flowers
- Wash water bottles and plastic bottles.
- Remove the label and cut the bottle in half. Flowers can be made from both the top and bottom of the plastic bottle.
- Make 4 cuts to the opening of the bottle and bend them down to make petals.
- Cut petals onto the bottle of the bottle and bend the strips down so they lay almost flat.
- Trim the end of each petal into a rounded shape as shown.
- Paint the flower petals with multi-surface acrylic paint. If you don’t have multi-surface acrylic paint, mix ½ paint and ½ white glue to help it adhere to the plastic.
- Using a glue gun, attach a wire stem to the back of the flower and glue pom poms to the center of the flower.
- Arrange the flowers in a mason jar wrapped with fabric.
- Use LED accent lights in the bottom of the jar and arrange lights around the water bottle flowers to make your flower arrangement come alive!