Easy DIY Water Bottle Flowers
I like to create fun summer crafts to do with the kids that don’t cost a lot of money. I absolutely love to include repurposed items in my designs so I started teaching my children how to reuse household items in our projects. We made these whimsical flowers from water bottles and plastic containers. These are so much fun, they would brighten any room especially a little girl’s bedroom. This beautiful arrangement would also make a great gift!
Materials for the Water Bottle Flowers
- Plastic Water Bottles and Yogurt Containers
- Multisurface Acrylic Paint
- Plastic Stems or Green Floral Wire
- Pom Poms
- Hot Glue Gun
- LED lights (optional(
1. Wash plastic bottles and let dry.
2. Remove the label and cut the bottle in half.
3. Cut petals on piece of the bottle and bend the strips down so they lay almost flat.
4. Cut the end of each petal into a rounded shape as shown.
5. Paint the flower petals with acrylic paint. If you don’t have multipurpose acrylic paint, mix ½ paint and ½ white glue together to help it adhere to the plastic.
6. Using a glue gun, attach a wire stem to the back of the flower and glue pom poms the the center of the flower.
7. Arrange the flowers in a mason jar wrapped with fabric.
8. Use LED accents light in the bottom of the jar and arrange lights around the flowers to make your arrangement come alive!