Beaded Heart Valentine’s Day Gift Wrapping Ideas
Nothing says Happy Valentine’s Day better than a handmade card, bag, or gift box to show someone you care. This Valentine’s gift wrapping idea becomes part of the gift because it can be saved as decorative storage and used for keepsakes. This design is made with layered craft paper and the hearts are formed from small beads. This Valentine’s gift wrapping ideas include a gift bag, small box and card.
Materials for Valentine’s Day Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Light pink gift bag with stiff handles (plain gift bags are inexpensive and easy to find at your local craft or party store)
- Dark pink scrapbooking or craft paper
- Light pink scrapbooking paper with paper fibers
- 1/2-inch wide dark pink sheer ribbon
- 1 bag of small light pink seed beads
- Light pink decorative tissue paper
- Craft Glue
Instructions for Valentine’s Day Gift Bag
This paper gift bag becomes more sturdy once it is decorated and can be used to hold keepsakes or other items.
- Cut a piece of the pink scrapbooking paper the entire length and width of the front of the bag.
- Apply glue to scrapbooking paper and attach it to front of the bag, lining up the edges of the paper with the edges of the bag.
- To cover the handles, apply a small amount of to a few inches of the back of the pink sheer ribbon and wrap the ribbon around the handle where it meets with the inside of the bag.
- Continue to add small amounts of glue to the ribbon, a few inches at a time, as you continue to wrap the ribbon around the handle, slightly overlapping the ribbon.
- Finish by cutting the ribbon and gluing the end behind the handle where it meets with the inside of the bag. Repeat this process with the other handle.
- Measure two 3 x 3 inch pieces of the light pink craft paper. Tear the edges of the craft paper by holding a straight edge along the measured line to control the tear.
- Apply glue to the wrong side of the pink craft paper and attach it to the front of the bag, centering the two pieces of paper evenly between top and sides of the bag.
- Cut three pieces of the pink sheer ribbon the entire width of the front of the gift bag.
- Glue each piece of the pink ribbon to the front of the gift bag so one piece is centered between the two pieces of torn craft paper and the other two are centered between the torn craft paper and the top and bottom edge of the bag. Small amounts of glue can be added to the cut edges of each side of the ribbon to prevent fraying.
- To make hearts, lightly draw a heart shape on the center of each piece of the pink craft paper with pencil. Outline and fill in the heart with craft glue. Sprinkle beads onto the glue heart shapes so all of the spaces are filled in. Shake off the excess beads onto a piece of paper so they can be saved. Some adjusting may need to be done to the shape of the hearts by adding dots of glue and adding more beads.
Note: The imperfections in the heart’s shape add to the gift’s charm.
- Fill the bag with layered tissue paper.
Instructions for Valentine’s Day Gift Box
For this design, only the lid of the box is decorated so it can be kept as a decorative box without disturbing the decorations.
Instructions for Valentine’s Day Gift Card
Cardstock can be used to create the base of card by cutting the length and double the width of the size you want and folding it in half.