Teacher Appreciation Week
I always like to do something nice for my children’s teachers to make them feel special. I usually give food rather than items. Sometimes I will put some Godiva Chocolates or Truffles in a decorative gift bag like the Ribbon Apple one I made here or bake some of my signature chocolate chunk macadamia nut cookies which are always a hit. I think regardless of what you give your children’s teachers whether it is candy, cookies or a sweet card made by your child, it is the warm gesture that they appreciate.
This ribbon apple gift bag design is an updated version of giving an apple to your teacher. I attached ribbon to packing tape to make the apple design. This bag is perfect for Teacher Appreciation Week.
Here’s how to make the Ribbon Apple Gift Bag:
- Small brown paper sack – 3-1/2 x 6-3/4 inch (available at crafts stores)
- Brown cord
- 1/8 inch wide red satin ribbon
- 1 square rhinestone
- Green textured card stock
- Clear Packing Tape
- Download or draw a picture of an apple and cut out.
- Cut two 3 inch long pieces of clear packing tape. Attach the two pieces together by overlapping the long edges about 1/8 inch to create a wider piece.
- Apply pieces of ribbon to the adhesive side of the packing tape to create wide ribbon.
- Attach the apple template to the shinny side of the ribbon covered packing tape and cut out the apple shape.
- Attach the ribbon apple to the front of the bag with craft glue — gluing the shinny side of the apple to the bag. Cut a leaf from the green card stock and a stem from the brown cord.
- Attach the leaf and the cord stem to the apple with craft glue. Apply glue the square rhinestone and attach the apple to add a sparkly shine.
- Fill the bag with goodies and fold over towards the back about 1 ½ inch and tape closed.