Scared Pumpkin – Free Pattern Download
It’s time to start making your outdoor Halloween decorations like this Scared Pumpkin decoration. I love creating unique Halloween decorations that make people look twice and smile. I had an old terracotta planter that I wanted to reuse and thought that it would be perfect for creating a jack-o-lantern face. I wanted him to look afraid of my other Halloween decorations so I planted tall grass in the pot to give him more of a scared look. You can also put mums or other fall flowers in the planter if you want to create a kooky face with fun hair. Place the planter on a small bale of hay, add some mini pumpkins and you have a perfect decoration for fall.
Download the free scared pumpkin face Pattern.
Difficulty – Medium
- Terracotta planter
- Pumpkin color outdoor acrylic paint (Patio Paint)
- Black outdoor acrylic paint
- Sponge paint brush
- Oasis floral foam
- Floral moss
- Tall grass (available at craft stores)
- scared pumpkin face
- Using the foam brush, paint the terracotta pot with the orange paint and the foam brush. Use up and down strokes to give the pot the bands like a pumpkin. Only apply one coat. Let dry.
- Draw a scared pumpkin face with a pencil on the terracotta planter. Download the free pattern scared pumpkin face
- Paint the face with black indoor/outdoor acrylic paint. It may need 2 or 3 coats to cover evenly. Let dry.
- Cut a piece of oasis to fit inside the planter. Arrange the grass in the planter to give it the look of hair standing straight up.
- Arrange the moss around the grass to fill in the holes and to stabilize the grass.