This is my newest project I created for Scotch Brand. A fun spring gift wrap design can made with items found around the house. I cut the flowers from pieces of reused greeting cards — they have such beautiful designs it seems a shame to not reuse them. I also used spare buttons, a strand of yarn and leftover party streamers to decorate this gift.
Difficulty – Easy
- Scotch® Precision Scissors
- Scotch® Double Sided Tape
- Scotch® Quick Dry Tacky Glue
- Scotch® Foam Tape
- Reused White packing paper
- Recycled cards in fun colors
- Crepe paper party streamers (two colors)
- Yarn pieces
For the textured look, crumbled the packing paper into a ball and smooth it out with your hands. Using Scotch® Paper Cutter cut the paper the size to wrap the gift. Wrap the gift using Scotch® Double Sided Tape.
- Using Scotch® Precision Scissors, cut two pieces of crepe paper the length to wrap around the box. Cut one of the colors up the center length to create two long pieces.
- Attach to the box with Scotch® Double Sided Tape as shown overlapping the ends on the underside of the box.
- Creatively twist yarn on the top of the box to create a fun asymmetrical design. Glue the yarn with Scotch® Quick Dry Tacky Glue.
- Cut flower shapes from pieces of recycled cards. Randomly place the flowers on top of the yarn with Scotch® Foam Tape.
- Using Scotch® Quick Dry Tacky Glue, glue a button on to the center of each one of the flowers.