Plastic Wrap Valentine’s Gift Box
As most of you may already know, I love to find new uses for household and normally discarded items. I have always wanted to do something with an aluminum foil or plastic wrap box because I think it has such a great shape and size. I decided on making a decorative Valentine’s gift box for chocolate covered strawberries or edible treats. I made it sturdy enough so it can be reused to hold jewelry or small trinkets. I don’t think anyone would know it originally held plastic wrap.
- Plastic Wrap or Aluminum Foil Box
- Red Duct Tape
- Red Satin Ribbon
- 1 Piece of 12×12 Scrapbooking Paper
- Silk Roses
- Decorative Closure
- Craft Glue
- Glue Gun
- Remove the metal blade from the box. Be careful not to cut yourself or tear the box.
- Wrap pieces of duct tape around the box. Cover entire top, sides and bottom. This will made the box very sturdy so it can be reused to hold keepsakes.
- Trim the side pieces of duct tape to match the shape of the box. It is easier to do this once it is already on the box.
- Cover the box with the sheet of scrapbooking paper and attach with craft glue. The sheet should fit around the entire box, only having to trim the ends.
- Cut a piece of red ribbon the length of the top and sides of the box and attach with craft glue.
- Cut the roses off of the stem and attach the roses on the top center of the box with a glue gun. Glue the decorative accent to the front of the box.
You can fill the box with satin, tissue or velvet to make the presentation more luxurious. If you are using it for food, line the inside of the box with cupcake cups. The box is so pretty, you may not want to give it away.