This festive and fun gift wrap was created from layering scrapbooking paper over wrapping paper accented with a reused birthday hat and ribbon pieces. It is like a birthday party in a gift wrap! The colors and background paper can be altered to suite the personality of the recipient.
Difficulty – Medium
- Black wrapping paper
- Musical note scrapbooking paper
- Reused party hat
- ¼ inch wide Gold wired ribbon
- 1-1/2 inch wide black satin ribbon
- Black and gold bead
- Peel and stick numbers
- Glue gun
- Craft glue
- Wrap the gift in black wrapping paper.
- Cut a piece of the scrapbooking paper the size to cover the entire length and width of the top of the box and attach with either double sided tape or craft glue.
- Cut a piece of both the black and gold ribbon the length to wrap around the width of the box plus 1/2 inch. Glue the ribbons to the center front of the box overlapping the ends on the bottom of the box.
- Remove the string from the birthday hat and cut off a piece of the back and fold in the edges about 1 inch so it can be easily glued to the box.
- Use a glue gun to attach the folded edges of the hat to the center front of the box.
- To make the bow, hold the ribbon about 6 inches from the end and form a loop. Securing the loop with your thumb, form another loop on the opposite side of the first loop. Continue this motion, holding each new loop with your thumb, until you have 8 loops on each side.
- Tie the bow together with a piece of the gold ribbon. Glue the bow to the top of the hat with a glue gun. Fluff out the loops and wrap the ribbon tails around a pencil to create the curly tails.
- Glue the bead to the center of the bow and attach the numbers to the front of the hat.
- Cut a small piece of cardstock to the size desired to make a matching card. Use leftover scraps of the ribbon and paper accent the card as shown. Glue the card to the front of the gift just under the hat.