A knitted bow adds a heartwarming touch to a gift. It especially looks nice on a baby gift because of the softness of baby yarn. This is a perfect project for a person who is just beginning to knit and also is a great use for leftover yarn from baby blankets, hats and booties.
- Baby themed gift wrap
- Baby yarn
- Twisty Tie
- Bear or other baby accent
- Craft Glue
- Wrap the gift in baby themed wrapping paper.
- Knit a band to the desired length. (The bow shown is six stitches wide)
- Crochet a decorative border at each end of the knitted band.
- Lightly press the band on the wrong side to eliminate curling.
- Find the center of the band and fold over few inches of each side to the center point to form two loops. You should still have a few inches from each end for tails.
- Wrap the twisty tie around the center of the band where the two sides overlap to form the bow.
- Attach the bow to the center top of the gift with craft glue and glue the bear to the center of the bow.