I Heart Strawberries
I came up with this idea of chocolate drizzled strawberry hearts for a TV segment I was doing for Valentine’s Day last year. I just loved the presentation of this dessert so I decided to bring it out of my archives for another go around this year. These strawberries are so easy to make and are sure to impress. The drizzle of chocolate is the perfect complement to the strawberries without overpowering them but with just enough of a tease to make you want more.
- Strawberries preferably with pointed ends
- Good quality chocolate (I used Godiva dark chocolate)
- Mint leaves for accent
- Wash and dry strawberries. Cut off the green stem and cut the strawberry in half lengthwise.
- Cut a small V shape on the cut end of the strawberry.
- Make small cuts around the pointed sides of the V shape to curve the top to finish the heart shape.
- Arrange the hearts on a plate.
- Chop small pieces of chocolate into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until the chocolate fully is melted but don’t over heat.
- Spoon the chocolate into a plastic bag (zipper bag or sandwich bag will work) and cut or pierce of small hole in the corner of the bag.
- Squeeze the chocolate and drizzle over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate to set and garnish with a mint leaf.