Give the gift of spring with this decorative gift bag. Crepe paper grass and fabric flowers transform a gift bag into a beautiful flowering garden.
Difficulty – Easy
- Lilac gift bag (available at crafts stores)
- Water colored striped scrapbooking paper
- Green crepe paper or green party streamers
- Spring flowers in assorted colors
- ¼ inch wide purple and ½ wide lilac ribbon
- 1 flower rhinestone
- Green tissue paper
- Scotch® Precision Scissors (for cutting scrapbooking paper and ribbon)
- Scotch® Permanent Glue Stick (for attaching scrapbooking paper and grass)
- Scotch® Quick-Dry Tacky Glue (for gluing accents)
- Scotch® Clear Glue (for gluing ribbon)
- Using Scotch® Precision Scissors cut a piece of scrapbooking paper the length and width of the front of the gift bag. Attach to the front of the gift bag with Scotch® Purple Glue Stick.
- Using Scotch® Precision Scissors cut three pieces of crepe paper the width of the gift bag. Place the pieces together and fold them into three sections. Cut V shapes on the long end to create grass.
- Attach a strip of crepe paper at the bottom edge of the bag with Scotch® Purple Glue Stick. Glue three stems of flowers just above the crepe paper with Scotch® Quick-Dry Tacky Glue.
- Cut two 6 inch pieces of ribbon and create two ribbon loops with Scotch® Clear Glue. Glue the centers together to create a bow and attach the flower rhinestone with Scotch® Quick-Dry Tacky Glue.
- Unfold and separate the grass crepe paper and glue each piece to the bottom front of the bag with Scotch® Purple Glue Stick. Leave ½ inch between each layer to give it a 3D effect. Attach a ribbon strip and bow to the bottom of the gift bag with Scotch® Clear Glue.
- Attach the flowers and strips of ribbon to the top part of the gift bag and fill with green tissue to finish.