DIY St. Patrick’s Day Gnomes – Free Pattern
Everyone always thinks of Leprechauns for St. Patrickâ€™s day but what about the mysterious St. Patrick’s Day Gnomes? These adorable little guys are very hard to find because according to legend, they hide in the forest to protect the gold. Since you can’t catch a glimpse of these elusive fairies, you can make one of your own. These super cute, magical DIY St. Patrick’s Day Gnomes are very easy and so much fun to create! They can be made with household items and inexpensive things from the craft store.
The household items you will be using are paper towel or wrapping paper rolls, a small rock which can be gathered from outside, and masking tape. I love to use wrapping paper rolls because they are very sturdy and usually the tube opening is larger than a paper towel roll. It is easy to slide the tube out of the wrapping paper roll and still leave the paper intact.
These DIY St. Patrick’s Day Gnomes are a great craft to make with the kids and because they are so easy and quick to make, multiple Gnomes can be made in different sizes. They would look great with these DIY mini pots of gold.
Click Here to download the Printable Free Craft St. Patrick’s Day Gnome Hat Pattern.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
I upload new DIY videos every week!
How to Make DIY St. Patrick’s Day Gnomes
- Cut a piece of the paper tube 7 inches long.
- Find a rock that is small enough to fit in the tube but heavy enough to act as a weight.
- Place the rock inside the tube and tape the end to secure it.
- Place the tube upright to test to make sure the weight is distributed properly and the tube doesn’t lean or wobble.
- Measure the scrapbooking paper the length of the tube and the width to wrap around the tube plus an inch for overlap.
- Apply craft glue to the scrapbooking paper and wrap around the paper tube, overlapping the end of the paper.
- Print the Free St. Patrick’s Day Gnome Hat Pattern
- Cut out the pattern and pin it to the felt.
- Cut out the felt pieces and the craft foam buckle.
- Apply glue to one side of the crown, overlapping about 1 inch. This will form the tall tube.
- Glue the remaining pieces together to form the Gnome hat.
- Glue the black ribbon around the brim of the hat and attach the buckle with craft glue.
- Glue strands of orange yarn to the top of the paper tube to make the gnomes beard.
- Use a comb to separate the yard stands and to give them a more fuzzy appearance.
- Separate the strands of the beard and attach the large bead to the paper tube with a hot glue gun.
- Glue the hat to the top of the tube.
- Cut tubes at different lengths to make multiple St. Patrick’s Day Gnomes. They fun to make and look super cute as DIYÂ St. Patrick’s Day Gnomes Decoration!