DIY Owl Crafts and Decorations (Easy Recycled Crafts)
Owls are so cute and always remind me of fall and winter. I thought it would be fun to create owl crafts and owl decorations that are easy to make with reused items and inexpensive things from the craft store. This would be a great Fall craft to make with kids. They can go outside to gather sticks and rocks to add to this owl centerpiece. This beautiful and fun decoration would add an outdoor touch to any table because of the autumn leaves and natural elements. This owl craft is also perfect to make with kids while the turkey is in the oven on Thanksgiving day.
How to Make the Owl Crafts
- Peel the label off of an empty salt container or large paper tube.
- Push the top of the container in as shown above. This will also work with paper towel and toilet paper rolls.
- Cut two football shaped pieces of scrapbooking paper, smashed bottle caps and gather plastic eyes or flowers to accent the eyes.
- Paint the tube with acrylic paint.
- Glue on scrapbooking paper wings with craft glue.
- Attach the eyes with either craft glue or a hot glue gun.
- Cut a small triangle out of scrapbooking paper or cardstock and fold in half to make the beak.
- Attach under the eyes with craft glue.
How to Make the Owl Decoration Centerpiece
- Paint branches and the plate gold or bronze and glue them to a paper plate with a hot glue gun
- Hot glue small leaves to the branches and hot glue leaves, rocks and moss the to the plate.
- Place or glue an owl to the centerpiece.