DIY Mardi Gras Mask – Easier than it Looks
I have a fascination with Italian ‘Carnevale’ Mardi Gras Masks. These beautiful and intricately decorated masks are elegantly detailed. They can be adorned with jewels, fabric, fur, ribbons, feathers, and exquisitely painted. I love the precision and designs of these masks. Here is a DIY Mardi Gras Mask that is easier to make than it looks. This mask would make a great decoration.
Materials for the DIY Mardi Gras Mask
- Plain White Plastic Mask
- White Craft Foam
- Gold Acrylic Paint
- Gold Dimensional Paint
- Gold Trim
- Gold Metal Accents
- Craft Glue
- Hot Glue Gun
Instructions for the DIY Mardi Gras Mask
- Draw a half mask and lips on the plastic mask and paint gold.
- Use gold dimensional paint to draw scrollwork on the mask.
- Cut triangle shapes of craft foam and heat them with a warm iron. Click here for instructions on how to easily mold craft foam.
- Using a hot glue gun, attach the molded craft foam pieces to the mask.
- Paint the craft foam.
- Glue the gold trim and accents to the mask.
- Add scrollwork to the craft foam.