DIY Christmas Penguin Decorations and Crafts
Here is a fun idea to make a cute DIY Christmas Penguin Decoration that also doubles as a gift wrap idea. The Christmas penguin hat can be removed to reveal a hidden gift inside. This is a great way to disguise a gift, wrap an odd-shaped item, or create a unique Christmas gift wrap decoration. I have always thought that the best gift wrap is reusable and can also be part of the gift. This DIY Christmas Penguin is created from a reused plastic bottle and inexpensive things from the craft store.
Materials Needed for the DIY Christmas Penguin
- Large Empty Plastic Bottle
- Black and White Acrylic Paint
- Orange Craft Foam
- Black and White Felt
- Red Yarn
- Two Large Flat Buttons
- Large White Pom Pom
- White Fur Trim
- Craft Glue
Instructions for the DIY Christmas Penguin
- Clean and dry a large plastic bottle.
- Cut the top off of the plastic bottle.
- Paint the bottle with black acrylic paint leaving a large oval in the front unpainted and let dry. You may need two coats.
- Cut out an oval piece of white felt.
- Paint the unpainted oval on the bottle white. Glue the felt oval to the white part of the bottle.
- Glue red yarn around the top of the bottle to create the fuzzy hat.
- Continue gluing the yarn to the top of the bottle until it is completely covered.
- Cut out two wings out of felt and cut out a beak shape from the orange craft foam.
- Glue on the beak, wings and eyes on to the front of the penguin.
- Glue all the pieces onto the hat and the penguin to finish your fun DIY Christmas Penguin!