Beautiful Gold Leaves DIY Thanksgiving Hanging Decoration
Metallic gold leaves adorned with amber beads make a beautiful DIY Thanksgiving hanging decoration. This decoration can be made quickly with things you may already have around the house. It is very inexpensive to make and adds a touch of elegance to your Thanksgiving decor.
Materials to Make the Gold Leaves DIY Thanksgiving Hanging Decoration
- White Paper or Cardstock
- Gold and Bronze Metallic Acrylic Paint
- Bronze Ribbon
- Amber Beads
- Hot Glue or Craft Glue
How to Make the Gold Leaves DIY Thanksgiving Hanging Decoration
- Use a fresh or faux leaves to use as patterns to draw leaf shapes. Make 9 leaves all different shapes.
- Cut out the leaves and paint with gold and bronze paint.
- Gather 2 dry branches, bind them together by twisting wire around the center and both ends.
- Paint with bronze paint.
- Cut pieces of ribbon and glue them evenly on the branch.
- Glue the painted leaves onto the ribbon in even intervals as shown above.
- Glue beads onto the end of the ribbon.
- Glue a bead onto the top of each leaf.
- String beads onto wires and attached them to the branch.
- Glue fabric leaves to each end of the branch and add beads for the finishing touch.
This gold leaf branch can be placed on a candle holder, on the end of a shelf or a mantle for a festive and elegant Thanksgiving decoration.