Beautiful DIY Beach Jar Decor Idea
Create this beautiful DIY beach jar decor using things you may already have around the house along with a few inexpensive things from the craft store. You can easily turn an ordinary clear glass jar into a frosted sea glass masterpiece. This design can be used as a centerpiece for beach house table decor, bathroom accent, or a flameless candle holder. It would also make a unique and thoughtful gift.
Materials used for the Beach Jar:
- Clear Jar or Mason Jar (I used an empty peanut butter jar)
- Sea Glass Glass Paint (two shades)
- Natural Twine
- Small Shells
- Decorative Beads
- Hot Glue Gun
- Using the lighter color, paint the glass jar with the sea glass paint.
- Next use the darker color and start painting 3/4 down from the top, gradually increasing the intensity of the paint to give it the ombre look.
- Wrap twine around the rim of the jar two times, making a knot and leaving long tails.
- Wrap another length of twine around the jar, making a knot and leaving long tails.
- Thread beads through the tails and knot the ends.
- Paint the top rim of the jar with copper paint to add a extra special tough to the jar.
Be creative and add your own special touches and style to this beach jar. Have fun!